Villa Guazzo Candiani is located in Olivola (AL), in Piedmont, in the heart of the Monferrato hills, an area named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2014 for its wine-growing landscapes. The residence dates back to 1585 and was owned by the Marquises of Monferrato and later by the Curioni Guazzi family, who held the town under the title of Counts. Their memories can be found in the small church of San Sebastiano, now deconsecrated, which flanks the main building. Over the centuries, the property passed to the noble Candiani family, whose most illustrious members included Count Camillo, who was born here. It is precisely because of the garden with its paths and centuries-old trees that the villa is still referred to as the residence of the 'Bel Riposo'.
Tastefully furnished, the interiors offer three large living rooms used as dining areas, four bedrooms and a large professional kitchen. On the main floor, there is a splendid terrace with a spectacular view of the surrounding landscape. Villa Guazzo Candiani also offers accommodation for 2 to 10 people. A historic residence, Villa Guazzo Candiani has all the elements that characterise a prestigious residence: frescoes from the Renaissance period, antique floors, and a large garden. The park of the villa is the ideal place to relax in the green and for outdoor events, able to accommodate up to 180 people. An equipped and covered area is available to guests, furnished with garden furniture such as tables, chairs and armchairs; convenient for al fresco dining or sipping a drink on a summer evening. Adjacent to one of the halls and with the small entrance facing the garden, we find what was once the private chapel of the Counts, no longer consecrated, but used to celebrate some ceremonies.
Inside Villa Guazzo Candiani there is a splendid Infernot, the largest that can be visited in Monferrato. Today it is used for tastings, small events and guided tours.